Friday, May 15, 2009

IUI attempt #2 is a go!

So this past cycle started April 30th, I took 200mg of Clomid May 2-6. I went for our mid cycle check up on May 13th we had one follie on my left side measuring 17x14mm. The Dr. said he would like to see that follie a little bigger and wants me to come back on Friday. He said we have a 10% chance of ovulating before then. I didn't have high hopes for the follie because last time he said that we had to cancel our IUI because it did not grow anymore. This morning Jonathan went with me and low and behold it had increased to 20x17mm. We were thrilled and will be doing the shot of Ovidrel on Saturday night and we are scheduled to come back Monday morning at 9am for the procedure.
He wants me to start the endometrin either tuesday or wednesday he wants to think about it and will let me know Monday. I'm excited this one is the biggest I have had and I pray that we will get lucky this time. I have my grapefruit juice ready to drink as I have heard that helps with implantation.
I have also taken the time to sit down and look at how much money we have spent. We truly are blessed with good insurance this year alone they have paid more than $1700.00 and we have paid out of pocket so far since January of 08 more than $1000.00. Last year our insurance paid $1000.00 for me to have the HSG that's almost $4000.00 together with our insurance that has been paid so far. That's crazy! I sure hope this works this time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment